John McKierman – Natural News Jan 19, 2013
Marketed as being “natural” these products are anything but natural as they contain synthetic ingredients and GMOs too!
Pepsi and Coke both sell “natural” food smoothies and other products under the brands Naked and Odwalla, respectively. Both of these so called health food brands have been around for some time now, yet most people are completely in the dark about the corporations behind these creations.
Pepsi and Coke only pretend to support healthy food choices. Both of the industry giants donated millions to defeat proposition 37, the GMO labeling act. And lets not forget, these are the owners of the two biggest soft drinks partially responsible for our country’s all time high rates of obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Unfortunately most consumers are tricked into thinking they are doing something good for their health when they drink a Naked or Odwalla juice.
Lets look at the facts:
- Naked juice was sued for knowingly using GMOs in its juice, when it advertised as “all natural” and “Non-GMO.”
- Neither of these food drinks use organic produce, which means you’re ingesting pesticides.
- Naked juice was found to contain fructooligosaccharides, fibersol-2 and inulin; three synthetic ingredients.
- Both Naked and Odwalla juices are pasteurized, meaning most of the nutrients in them have already been destroyed before they ever reach store shelves.
- Both products feature the words All Natural which means exactly nothing, as they can contain pesticides, artificial ingredients, GMOs and are pasteurized.
- For less than the cost of these over priced faux health drinks you can buy organic produce and make your own organic, GMO-free juice that contains many times more more nutrients.